There are lots of things that can put a strain on relationships.
- A communication breakdown where couples find themselves in a negative cycle and can’t seem to find a way out.
- A sense that the reasons for staying in the relationship have become lost (to one or both of you).
- Repeating patterns of unhappy behaviour that neither of you can shift.
- Reconciliation seems to bring up problems, rather than resolve them.
- You hardly talk to each other any more and have found yourself leading separate lives.
- Intimacy problems you find it difficult to be intimate with each other.
- Violence or abuse in the relationship with the feeling of being bullied either emotionally or physically.
- Affairs one of you, or both of you, have had an affair and can’t seem to get past it.
Relationship counselling will help couples to express their feelings and emotions and look at reasons to why they are feeling and behaving how they are.
Talking to a non-judgemental trained counsellor can help couples look at things from a different perspective and help them regain communication which often helps them move on to a deeper