I am an Essex based Accredited Counsellor, Supervisor, CBT and EMDR practitioner.
Over the years, I have developed a unique combination of integrative therapy. I use cognitive behavioural techniques along with Person Centred, Transactional Analysis, Psychodynamic and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) Therapy.
I have worked with hundreds of clients from all walks of life, which has provided me with a deep insight and a practical view of the problems that people are facing with regards to their professional and personal life. Whether it is depression due to lack of respect and recognition at work, death of a close family member, emotional distress due to separation, addiction, hypersensitivity, obsessive compulsive disorder, loss of job, or any other issues that are affecting a persons mental health negatively. These issues can show themselves in the form of anger, anxiety, depression, stress and relationship problems.
I offer a friendly, safe and confidential service for people across Essex.
I practice from both Benfleet and Southend which provides easy reach for clients travelling from all over Essex.
I have experience in counselling people from the ages of 5 to 95, male, female, individuals and couples.
I am also an Approved Adoption Counsellor by Barnado’s LINK. This means that I am qualified to counsel people who have been adopted or have links with adoption (this is now a requirement by law).
I see that seeking counselling isn’t a sign of weakness it’s a sign of STRENGTH. It shows that you are unhappy with your life at the moment and that you are ready for CHANGE.
It’s a step in the right direction. I am here for YOU to LISTEN and HELP you find the ANSWERS.
I cannot tell you what to do or give you advice but I can help you explore your own thoughts and feelings and develop skills that will help you now and in the future. I will help and support you in finding your own insights and ways of working through your difficulties.
Counselling can help with confidence, communication, assertiveness and anger problems. It can help you to look at things from another perspective.
I am fully insured, and an accredited member of The National Counselling Society and a registered member of the BACP of whom which I hold a certificate of proficiency. I also hold an enhanced DBS certificate for working with children.
I am committed to on-going professional development and regularly attend courses to enhance my knowledge and keep up-to-date with today’s approaches.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Approved Adoption Counsellor by Barnardo’s LINK
- EMDR Europe Accredited training Level 4
- Certificate of Attendance with EMDR Association UK and Ireland Regional Networking Day
- Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- Practitioner Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate of Proficiency British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Level 4 AQA Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 2 AQA Introduction to Counselling Concepts.
- Level 2 AQA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate for Counselling Children and Young People
- Certificate for Supporting Substance Misuse Clients Awareness
- Certificate for Children Family and Play
- Certificate for Safeguarding Children Training
- Certificate For Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults.
- Certificate For An Introduction To Family Therapy
- Familiar with attachment and trauma, adopted, foster children and their carers.
- Certificate of Attendance on Offender Behaviour & Specialist Risk Assessment
- Certificate of Attendance on the Management of ADHD and associated problems in Children
- Certificate of Attendance For Open Door In House Safeguarding Children and Case Management
- Certificate of Attendance For Sexual Health Awareness Foundation Training (SHAFT)
- Certificate of Achievement on completion of “Losing the will to live: self harm and suicide” Training.
I work in private practice and I’m the founder of Benfleet Counselling. I counsel individuals and couples. I work with children, young people and adults. I also work in both primary and secondary schools across Essex.
I counsel relatives and staff at a dementia care home based in Leigh. In addition to this I also offer counselling supervision to both counselling students and fully trained professional counsellors.